Possibility 1: Security message in Internet Explorer
One of the following security messages appears in the Internet Explorer yellow information bar:
- To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...'. Solution: During your internet session, click on the Internet Explorer yellow information bar and select Allow Blocked Content.
- 'To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options...'. Solution: During your internet session, click on the Internet Explorer yellow information bar and select Download File.
Possibility 2: A pop-up blocker is enabled
A message in your browser’s information bar informs you that a pop-up has been blocked:
- In Internet Explorer: 'Pop-up blocked. To see this pop-up or additional pop-ups click here...'
- In Firefox: 'Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window. Click here for options...'
You are using a pop-up blocker.
In browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer, a pop-up blocker is integrated into the programme by default.
Solution: Click on the information bar to set the options allowing pop-ups.
How to disable the pop-up blocker for each browser
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools, then on Pop-up Blocker, then on Turn off Pop-up Blocker.
- Open Safari.
- In the Safari menu, untick the Block pop-up windows box.
Mozilla – Firefox
- Open Mozilla
- Once the window is open, click on Tools – Options – Content tab, then untick the Block pop-up windows box.
- Click on OK and close the window
Procedure available on the Google Chrome help page
|If you have any questions or comments about the above article, please contact us via the Contact Form|